Reagan Review

Reagan’s At the Movies dance show is a real showstopper

The boys from the Sensations dance team took the stage in an exciting performance of the all-time favorite song “Greased Lightning”.

Daniela Ortiz-Cova, reporter

The audience spent the night singing and dancing along to a variety of songs from their favorite movies during Ronald Reagan Doral Senior High School’s At The Movies dance shows this past April 21 and April 22.

Ronald W. Reagan Doral Senior High’s dance program arranged a spring showcase in which both the Sensation dance team and the dance students were able to participate in. The showcase included the soundtracks of a diverse group of fan-favorite movies, including Marry Poppins, the Wizard of Oz, Dirty Dancing, Chicago, Grease, and many more.

Aside from the catchy songs and the well-organized choreography, the show had an element of audience interaction. During the well-known Grease song, Born to Hand Jive, two members from the performance number, selected two members from the audience and lead them to the stage where they participated in the show by going under the limbo stick. Aside from those two audience members, the rest of the audience did the hand jive with a large group of performers that jumped off the stage to do the hand jive and get the audience to dance along.

When asked about her feedback on the show, 8-year old Alexandra Bello stated, “The dances looked really fun, especially the ones from Grease and Marry Poppins. I kept on singing and dancing to the songs. I can’t wait for the next show.”

After the second show, awards were given to the best female and male dancers in each class according to the students’ votes and the teacher’s choice. The winners included Roseangela Amico, Emily Abboud, Jaylin Horton, Amina Rodriguez, and many more.

On May 6th, the Sensations dance team will be performing in the annual Senior Showcase in which the graduating dance team members perform for the last time in their high school years.