A  student run online multimedia website.

Reagan Review

What does AP testing consist of?

AP United States History students meet after school hours to review important content with their teacher and classmates.

Valentina Baptiste, Reporter

Throughout the entire school year, students who take AP (Advanced Placement) classes prepare for a final exam that will be waiting for them sometime during the first two weeks of May.

The AP curriculum is administrated by The College Board, and it consists of a series of standardized high school courses that assimilate undergraduate college courses. Students challenge themselves during their high school years and at the end of each one they typically take an exam that can grant them college credits and recognition from universities. Due to the rigorousness of these classes, students are to be recommended by teachers, which means that this opportunity is not given to everyone.

Having committed himself to a school year full of tests and evaluations, junior Jose Sanchez says, “For the AP exams, since they are tougher, I try to do master reviews of every chapter and to try and cover all of the themes and skills they are testing us on.”

Every AP exam is administrated on a specific day during the first two weeks of May, some are in the morning and some are in the afternoon. Students that take multiple exams undergo rigid examinations, especially when they have more than one exam on the same day.

“In my opinion, the best way to prepare for any exam is to study hard and review your content multiple times,” Sanchez includes.

There are different ways to study and students welcome every source openly. Different publishers offer prep books that solely focus on crucial content, and different websites provide detailed videos and AP style questions that help the students get a glance at what the exam will be about.

One of the most important ways to prepare for these exams is to calmly review and believe that everything that was learned during the school year will have a positive input.

Good luck to every AP student, it is almost over!