Reagan Review

Ronald Reagan’s Women’s Choir helps celebrate Black History Month at Night School Program.

Giovanna Basso/Daniella Elliott, Writers

Ronald W. Reagan/Doral Senior high School Night School on February 28th held a Black History Month Event in the RRDHS cafeteria. Choir teacher, Ms. Romeo, led her woman ensemble up to the stage and they began to perform a new song they were learning called “Children Go Where I Send Thee,” originally composed by Jean Ritchie. It is traditionally an African-American song.
The choir got a standing ovation from the audience, which were the parents of the night school children. After taking a bow, the choir left the stage in an orderly fashion to then be followed by the Reagan Singers. Following the performance of the Reagan Singers, some of the teachers who were hosting the event, presented Ms. Romeo with a Black History Appreciation Award. Everyone applauded the wondrous choir teacher on receiving her award. “Ms. Romeo makes singing in a choir such an amazing experience. It is a pleasure to be taught by her,” stated Chiyanna Maxwell from Women’s Choir.
Both Women’s Choir and Reagan Singers enjoyed a stupendous buffet of cultured food that went along with the theme of Black History Month. There was fried chicken, rice, mac n cheese, and beef for an entrée. For dessert, they served cheesecake, chocolate cake, and cookies. “I was very impressed with the amount of work they put into the buffet,” said Valeria Guzman from Woman’s Choir.
“It was an incredible experience and I loved being a part of it, this choir is like my family,” claimed Giovanna Basso. The night ended very nicely and overall it was an impressive production.