Reagan Review

A tribute to Frank Sinatra

Back to Article
Back to Article

A tribute to Frank Sinatra

Natalia Vaca, Reporter

Dance is a way to find yourself and lose yourself at the same time. On January 28th and 29th, 2016, Ronald Regan’s dance team, Sensations, and all the students that are part of the Ms. Mazeppa, the dance teacher, came together on an amazing performance. The dance show was held in the school’s auditorium at 7:00 pm both days.
“A tribute to Frank Sinatra” is a show in which students danced Sinatra’s more famous songs such as nice ‘n’ Easy, Strangers in the night and My Way.
“An unforgettable night full of amazing dancing to the greatest music of all time” said Camilla Vergara.
Most dances were choreographed by Dance Teacher Ms. Christine Mazeppa, but students were also given the opportunity to pitch in their styles when choreographing their own parts. Each student was given the chance to express and find their own style of dancing.
“It took a long time to learn the choreographies and we had to rehearse for more than two months but all of it was worth it” said Elena Troia.
Students were dedicated in perfecting every dance in order to execute the stories behind each song. They made it a goal to capture the essence of each song in their background and dancing, creating a spectacular environment. The audience consisted of parents and students supporting their favorite dancers.
Both regular ballet classes and Sensations Dance team dancers were able to effectively join on stage to show their artistic capacity. Dances included solos, duets, and group performances.
Each dancer was able to have fun while entertaining the audience with endless musical legends by Frank Sinatra. It is certain that Ronald Reagan’s Dance Department will soon prepare another successful dance show.